Monday, November 30, 2009

London Marathon

Yellow Runner. Originally uploaded by mrtopp

Earlier this year in a flash of hyper-optimism (well, that's the only reason I can find) I entered the ballot for a place in the 2010 London Marathon, and then promptly forgot all about it.

So it came as a small shock to find out in September that I actually got a place. Lots of people try for years to get into the marathon, it's notoriously tough to get a place due to the huge numbers of hopeful applicants, I am pretty lucky to get in on my first ever attempt.

Being a ballot place runner means I don't need to get sponsorship, but if I am going to all the trouble of running 26 miles 385 yards I might as well raise a bit of cash for a worthy cause. It will mean I can help do some good in the world, whilst also getting an extra incentive to drag myself round the full course.

I have decided to support the amazing work of Amnesty International. This great organisation has been working since 1961 to promote and defend human rights throughout the world, and needs little introduction.

So, if you want to support Amnesty please head over to my Just Giving site and give generously.

No comments: